General Advice and Tips
- Rinse your mouth after each meal
- Thoroughly clean your dental prosthesis just like natural teeth.
- Gently brush all surfaces with a prosthesis brush and toothpaste designed for that purpose
- Remove your prosthesis in the evening to rest your gums and mouth.
- Clean your gums.
- Soak your prosthesis overnight in warm water or in a product recommended by your denturist.
- We suggest that you make regular annual visits to your denturist. The consultation is free of charge and is used to determine if the prosthesis needs an adjustment, repair or replacement.
- Generally, it is recommended to change the prosthesis every five years.
- You should expect a period of adaptation. The lower prosthesis often causes most discomfort. The first meals can be a little difficult but you will gradually get accustomed to it.